Thursday, April 14, 2011

Post #6

For the project Romeo and Juliet that we were doing in our school, my job was Prop Master. I was tasked with coming up ideas for props and getting or making the props for Act 3, scenes 1 through 5. In Act 3 me and my co-Prop Master, Hunter, came up with a total of 5 props. They were as follows:  a ring, a diary, a fake retractable stage knife, fake blood and a large Catholic cross necklace. The ring was used in scenes 2 and 3 for Juliet. The original diary was not used, but Juliet did use a bigger binder (to hind her script in). We used the fake knife in scenes 1 and 3. In scene 1 it was used to kill Mercutio and in scene 3 Romeo was going to kill himself by stabbing himself, but he didn't because it would have been the end of the story. The fake blood was for scene 1, but we ended up not using it. The Catholic cross was for use by the friar and we did use that. In total, only 3 of the original 5 props were used, but 4 out of the 5 concepts were used. Also as part of my job, I showed up to make sure they were using the props correctly. Also, for Act 1, scene 5 I helped set up the cafeteria to make it look like a big party. Even though I hadn't planned on it, I dressed up like one of the party goers and was an extra. In all, I had alot of fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment